And the tradition continues…
My prized platters for 2008 and 2007 are right here on Quoperative and if you’re completely void of any motivation to do something productive with your time (why else would you be reading this?) then you can hunt through the Setbacks site for my album picks going back to a simpler time… when men were men and you could freely travel by airplane with a tube of toothpaste that had a capacity greater than 125 mL. But I digress.
What follows are my choice music purchases and acquisitions for 2009 (as always, most but not all were released in 2009). In no particular order…
- Steel Panther – Feel the Steel (Universal Republic)
On pink vinyl, no less… Jade’s favourite of the bunch. Death to all but metal!
- Death – …For the Whole World to See (Drag City)
Dumped by Clive Davis of Columbia Records in 1975 for not changing their name… finally released in 2009.
- King Khan & BBQ Show – Invisible Girl (In the Red)
Stripped down, lo-fi, garage blues rock. What the hell did you expect?
- Reigning Sound – Love and Curses (In the Red)
- KISS – Sonic Boom (Universal)
Facking dorks… you can only buy the album at Wal-Mart and it wasn’t released digitally so I HAD TO STEAL IT.
- Le Nombre – Vile et Fantastique (Blow the Fuse)
Doesn’t hold a candle to 2004′s Scenario Catastrophe… but honestly… that would have been impossible.
- Them Crooked Vultures – S/T (DGC)
- Priestess – Prior to the Fire (TeePee)
- Lou Barlow – Goodnight Unknown (Merge)
- Sonic’s Rendezvous Band – Live at Masonic (Alive/Total Energy)
Triple shame on me for having my head up my ass and not including this on 2008′s list… whoops. Better late than never. $6.93 ON ITUNES FOLKS
I have a feeling I’m forgetting something. I hate that feeling.